As I am in the middle of revision week for my midterm exams I do not have a lot of time to prepare my breakfast. One of my favorite go to recipes, when I have some overripe bananas is banana bread.
It is one of the first things I learned to bake when I was a little girl. I remember my brother hearing about banana bread and his wish to try it. As it is not very common to have or make banana bread in Switzerland we did not have a recipe already in the house.
I researched, came up with a recipe and it has not been changed ever since! It’s so good!
I like my banana bread fresh out of the oven the most as it is fluffy and smells delicious.
Many do not like to replace their butter in cakes with oil, as they are afraid it will not rise and be light in texture. If the right proportion is used replacing butter with oilve oil will give you an amazingly light, fluffy and delicious end result.
I eat it for – breakfast – dessert – and as snack
cut yourself a piece and enjoy your little break 🙂
100 % lactose free
100 % dairy free
- 150 gr. brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 50 ml olive oil
- 3 over-ripe bananas (squash them with a fork)
- 70 gr oats
- 180 gr flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- preheat the oven to 180°C
- mix the sugar with the eggs
- add the oil
- add the squashed bananas and stir well
- combine the dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, baking powder
- add the dry ingredients to the bowl
- pour the cake mixture into a cake form and bake for about 1hour or until golden brown