As much as I would love to take credit for this salad recipe I cannot. I had the honor to taste this explosion of flavors at a dinner in Zurich. Being half Serbian I love my cabbage salad! To have it prepared in another way made me sceptic at first. However, one bite into the meal all I could think about it how to make the other delicious food on my plate miraculously appear on my boyfriends plate so that I could only eat this salad.It is sweet, spicy, flavoured, fresh and light all at the same time.
Ever since discovering this salad I have done it many times and have fallen in love further every time. I believe that the pomegrenade is on of the two secret ingredients making it this special!
The second now not so secret ingredient anymore are the skinnniest noodles ever. Put into the oven for about 5 minutes they get crunchy and give the salad a special kick.
Adding a special sauce to the cabbage salad and its secret ingredients and you just made Daliah’s Salad.
You can eat it by itself or as a side of your meal. I prepared some lamb loin cut to go with my salad.
100 % lactose free
100 % dairy free
- 1 cabbage
- 1 pomegrande
- 1 handfull of lokshen noodles
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove cut into very small cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- cut the cabbage as thin as you can
- put the noodles ffor about 5 min in the oven until crispy (keep a constant eye on them as they turn burnvery quickly)
- extract the seeds from the pomegrenade
- put the sugar, vinegar, peanut butter, soy sauce, salt and garlic clove in a bowl and stir well
- add all the ingredients together and serve
- 100 % lactose free
- 100 % dairy free