Something I have come to appreciate and like a lot lately is Tahini. It is super fast to make and pretty amazing.
Made from sesame seeds and some olive oil Tahini is a nut butter originated from the Middle Eastern and Eastern cuisine.
Tahini is not only delicious it can also benfit your body quite a bit. Having a lot of calcium and protein it is a great addition for people who do not or hardly eat meat. Furthermore, there are enough fatty healthy acids (Omega 3 and 6) present to make Tahini one of your go to products pretty fast!
All you need to prepare the Tahini spread is some salt, pepper, lemon, water and tahini paste. I personally also add some honey as I prepfer it sweet.
The procedure for the eggplan is pretty simple. Take a fork and stab some whole into the whole eggplant. This is very important as it will allow the water inside the veggie to escape while in the oven. Put them in the oven at 200 °C for about 40 – 60 minutes depending on the size of the eggplant.
When the time is up your eggplant will look like in the picture above.
Cut them in half and 3-4 tbsp of tahini onto it. You can also serve it as I did with some freshly cut salad or eat it plain without anything else.
100 % lactose free
100 % dairy free
- 1-2 egggplant (depending on the size and hunger)
- 2 tbsp frehly squizzed lemon juice
- 4 tbps tahini paste
- some salt and pepper
- 3 tsp honey
- put the eggplant in the oven at 200 °C (do not forget to stab holes with a fork)
- take it out when it is soft and has darkened (but not burned!)
- add the tahini, lemon juice, pinch of salt and pepper and honey to a bowl
- add bit by bit water to the mixture and stir well until a creamy texture has formed (each past is different, therefore, do not put too much water at the beginning. It is better to add later on)
- Half the eggplant and top it with tahini.
- 100 % lactose free
- 100 % dairy free