Feel like something fresh, light and tasty? Then these Vietnamese Spring Rolls might be just what you need!
While I was travelling through South -East Asia with friends we took a cooking class in Vietnam. That’s when I fell in love with these rolls. What makes them so special is that they are super healthy and super delicious… BIG TIME!
What do they consist of? Mostly vegetables 🙂
The first step is to decide what vegetables you want to add to your roll. I usually use carrots, bell peppers and cucumber. However, you may use ANY veggie you like. Sometimes I cut some cabbage into strips or add some mushrooms.
Shrimps… I LOVE! I always add one shrimp per roll.
- cut veggies
- pour hot water over rice noodles (optional ingredient)
- shortly put the shrimps into a pan
When those steps are done the fun begins.
Wet the rice paper into a large/deep plate until soft. Once soft you place some veggies and the rice noodles about a three – fingers – distance from the edge of the rice paper.
Rolling the little “package” once, make sure that you do this quite firm. Add the shrimp and keep on rolling until the end. Do not forget to lap the ends inside.
Lastly, I prepared two dippping sauces:
- Spicy Mayo
- Spicy Garlic Soy Sauce
100 % lactose free
100 % dairy free
- 2 carrots
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 big handfull of rice noodles (depending on how much you want)
- 10 shrimps
- 2 tspb mayo
- Chilli (according to how spicy you like it)
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 1.5 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp cut spicy peppers (I had little green ones in the fridge)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 garlic clove
- cut all the veggies onto stripes
- pour boiling water over the rice noodles
- quickly fry the shrimps
- start by placing the veggetables onto one roll by the edge of the rice paper (about a 3-finger-distance)
- rolls once and add the sprimps
- finish rolling and lap the endings over
- add the mayo, chili, ketchup and rice vinear into a bowl and mix well
- add the spicy peppers, soy sauce, rice vinegar and the garlic clove into a bowl and mix well
- 100 % lactose free
- 100 % dairy free